A warm welcome to Waterside Gate
Exclusive private river front development
Waterside Gate is a small private gated development of 2 semi-detached and 11 river-front town houses centrally located within the Maidstone River Park catchment.
Positioned beside the River Medway in central Maidstone, these contemporary water side homes offer a fabulous river front lifestyle and numerous benefits due to its great location.
Nestled within a brick perimeter wall which creates a community courtyard atmosphere, access is gained by going under the bridge where the bottom of Buckland Hill and the end of St. Peter’s Street meet. Tucked away, many don’t realise that the development is there, adjacent to a Freedom Fitness health club with gym, swimming pool and tennis courts, Whatman Park and Maidstone Canoe Club; as well as Maidstone Rowing Club opposite and Maidstone United Football Club 15 minutes walk away.
Waterside Gate has great access along and across the river in both directions to Allington Lock and Kent Life Museum and in the other to the town centre, which boasts an extensive range of visitor attractions such as Maidstone Museum and Bentliff Art and The Hazlitt Theatre and leading retailers in its three shopping centres, Fremlin Walk, The Mall and The Royal Star Arcade. There is also a wide choice of pubs and restaurants, such as The Brenchley, Pizza Express and Artemis, within 10 minutes’ walk, so no need to worry about drinking and driving, or cab fares.
Many who bought a home here when the properties were first developed in 2002 remain here to this day.
“From the first moment I walked through the French doors out onto the river side balcony, I knew that I definitely wanted my family to enjoy life here and we have. For both our work and social lives its location has been ideal; and we have had a fabulous time entertaining loved ones here!”
– Mrs Wood
Check out these videos of life on the river!
The benefits of living at Waterside Gate!
Aside all those mentioned above, the houses themselves offer a long list of advantages
• Perimeter brick wall offering a great sense of community and privacy
• Double security gate vehicular entrance and side gate for pedestrian access
• Intercom system between the gate and each house
• Two freehold tarmac parking spaces for each property, plus sufficient curb side parking for guests
• Discreet dedicated dust bin area
• Communal borders planted with shrubs and trees
River side town houses
Built on stilts (which is why they have never flooded) each river side town house is deceptively spacious. Their efficient layout makes them straight forward to clean, maintain and economic to heat.
• Each property has a small front garden that owners have personalised
• Hallway entrance
• Downstairs WC
• Storage cupboard under stairs
• Open plan fitted kitchen and dining area, leading out onto decked entertainment balcony overlooking the river
• Generous hidden utility area with sink, fitted units, sufficient space for washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge / freezer and cloak cupboard / storage.
• Stairs lead to a generous lounge with high ceiling and river views, with another river front balcony offering a relaxing place to sit and views up and down the river.
• Across the landing a double bedroom with en-suite shower room
• A master bedroom with river views and en-suite bathroom
• Across the landing a king-size bedroom with en-suite shower room
Number 3 Waterside Gate obtained planning consent for a loft conversion and has an annex office / reading room off the master bedroom.
Of the 11 river front town houses only 5 properties have freehold moorings. The following properties have moorings
No 5 – two moorings, side by side
No 7 – one mooring
No 8 – one mooring
No 10 – one mooring
No 14 – one mooring
Located within the complex adjacent to its entrance, these two properties also have efficient layouts which makes them straight forward to clean, maintain and economic to heat.
• Each of these two houses has an enclosed rear garden
• Hallway and cloakroom
• Fitted kitchen including seating area
• Lounge with French doors out into the garden
• Three bedrooms
• Family bathroom
• En-suite to the master bedroom
With amazing transport links, access to the county town of Maidstone, the beautiful Weald of Kent, Central London and beyond, are quite literally a few minutes from your doorstep.
There’s so much to explore and enjoy
• All properties enjoy access to the river side where one can sit and fish. Those with river-front homes can sit and watch life on the Medway from the comfort of their own balconies.
• A few yards from Waterside Gate is a health and fitness club boasting great facilities including gym, workout class room, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi and sauna.
• Adjacent to the health club is the entrance to Whatman Park, with Jolly Rodger toddler playground, adventure playground, open green spaces for picnics and a live music and entertainment stand where community events are held in the summer months.
• A stroll across one of the footbridges can take you on a river side walk down to The Malta Inn at Allington Lock, passing Allington Marina along the way.
• The town centre is just 10 minutes walk away, through Brenchley Gardens to Fremlin Walk the recently built shopping centre offering established retail names such as House of Fraser, Superdry, Laura Ashley, H& M, HMV, Zara and Pandora.
• In the heart of the town, Earl Street boasts numerous restaurants such as Wildwood and Zizzis and is complemented by the character of the Market Buildings across the way, where you will find independent retailers including Salamander and Harpers; and eateries such as Frederic Bistro.
• Waterside Gate is also a commuter’s paradise. Walk out the front door and jump on the train at either Maidstone Barracks (Strood / Tonbridge) or Maidstone East (south east coast stations / Ashford International / Victoria) and Maidstone West (on to Ebbsfleet and St. Pancras International Terminals) to access all main routes across the region, UK and Europe.
• And saving the best to last, one of the strongest selling points for living here is the ability to be in London in 45 minutes to enjoy a great day out. From the vast choice of shopping and visitor attraction experiences, to dining from around the world and fabulous theatre productions.
Want to Buy or Rent here?
Then please drop us a line here and when something comes up we will be in touch.
Please note we do not, under any circumstances, share or sell data to third parties, so when you Sign Up you will only hear from us.